Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Time to Breathe

Having spent the past five days rushing an essay that was meant to be done over a month, I now find myself re-learning how to breathe, literally. The flu has given me such a blocked nose!!

I caught a cold on Tuesday because I was stuck at a bus stop for about an hour an a half in the middle of a particularly fierce thunderstorm. The bus stop was packed and I was soaked through all the same.

I've calculated that I actually have a window of a week in which to relax before I have to kickstart my brain for the next wave of assignments. Yes, wave. They don't come in twos or threes anymore, but in fives or sixes.

I'm meeting R later for some wonderful girl-time. Today is the day I claim my birthday present from her. She's takin me to some spa treatment thing that is so secretive I don't even know its whearabouts or name haha. But I trust her :) So it's ok.

Actually I don't really care much about the spa or the whatever, but the fact that she took a half-day for me! Awwwww! :)

After the spa thing, we'll most likely do some shopping. I wanna take her to look at her birthday present. This year I've decided that my all grown up best friend needs a jewel she can wear to work and formal occasions, instead of those (what my dad will call "mickey-mouse") cheap jewellery that never last long anyway. So most probly, we'll pop by SK and Citigems later.

Imagine! I've known R and her wonderful family for 17 years.. I remember all the times I used to run over and seek all manner of things that were lacking in my own house - peace, sleep, solace, love..

And the food! They won't stop feeding me everytime I go :s I believe they actually want me to be as fat as I was before I left for AU :c hahaha..

Anyway I'm going to run over again tomorrow night. Dad has invited his friend from HK to stay. He will be using my room and I think it's an awkward arrangement, with all my clothes and PC still in my room. It's also been a long time since I stayed over at R's and I'm quite excited hehe.

I wonder when either of us get married, would we still have crazy sleepovers? Or maybe when we have kids they will do enough sleeping over for all of us? Haha :)

Also enjoyed a chat with Andy earlier today. Glad to know that we are still friends after the several "bumps in the road". He laughed at my new-found mapling!! I also admit its kinda childish, but I don't see why I should stop :P Although I'm very sure G would want me to stop CS-ing haha :P

It's a really nice day to relax and I'm really glad the madness of the past weeks are over for the time-being.


- 11 May 2006 12:38pm -

No comments: